Pages

Friday, June 1, 2018

May 6 and 6 2018

Hello all, It's been a bizarre week.  I don't know if it's the heat or what but seems like weirdness abounds.  Maybe it was that Birthday I just celebrated...
6 and 6 in 2018 called for a new project for May.  My favorite kind!!! I started on a full size Trip Around The World variaion using Tonga Treats "Tuscany".  I'm really pleased with it so far.  This picture is a little outdated.  I've gotten about 12 blocks done out of 20.  They're 16".
In other news, my dye station is fully operational!!  I did some experimenting with various amounts of success.  Apparently, anything with red in the mix takes twice as long to dissolve.  I got LOTS of red dots in everything!  Rose Petal would have been gorgeous if not for the red spots!

Bright Green
Deep Purple
Lilac


Alpine Blue
Antique Gold

Olive
N





And, of course, the cutest dog ever...
Next up, I get a full weekend off!  The plan is to make the wedding veil.  No pictures until the wedding though!

4 comments:

  1. Your fabrics look beautiful! And the ears on that dog remind me of my dog! Cutest dogs ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I didn't get notified that you had commented... but yeah! Cutest dogs ever!

      Delete
  2. The colors you're using for your 'Trip' quilt look wonderful together....it's going to be a stunning quilt I think. From the reading I've done from various bloggers who dye I know it's not an exact science. I've never tried it myself, but I do love your results!!

    ReplyDelete