Hello friends, seems like it's been a while since I checked in. Going back to work slowed my stitching down considerably but I'm still plugging away. I did cave and start a new project! This is block 1 from Vintage Spool's Vintage Valentine. I bought the pattern with my birthday coupon back in May and immediately regretted it. First off, it was not cheap, even with a coupon. Secondly, upon closer inspection, I wasn't happy with some of the birds and flowers on a few of the blocks. My first thought was to only do a few of my favorite blocks and make a wall hanging. But, now that I started, I've decided to change things to make it more my own. My first change was a completely different color pallette. That's really to be expected, though. On block 1, the birds' tail feathers were rounded. I just squared them off. I've started block 2 and replaced a bird with one I had from a different pattern. Her birds are VERY vintagy...the new ones are only slightly more modern. I'll show that later. So far, I like what I'm doing!
outdated. I've embroidered a beak and legs. And, put the whole quilt together. I took it to Show and Tell last night at guild because I don't think I'll be there next month when they're due. Anyways, as I stared at it for few hours during the meeting, I realized that I don't like my border choices. So, that'll have to change. As is, the blocks and borders just kind of melt into eachother.
I've been keeping up with the Splended Sampler. The blocks are so quick and easy. So far, anyways. This pattern is supposed to have circle flowers but I found my little flower buttons to use instead. The background fabric should have been less busy but I love it...
That's all I've got for now! See you soon.