Pages

Monday, February 22, 2016

Kinda, Sorta Getting Going

I apologize for the really terrible pictures but I was too lazy to go get my camera... The iPad is great but doesn't take amazing pictures.

I wasn't going to do the Splendid Sampler, I was just going to follow along and see what others were doing.  Then, I forgot and did the first 3 posted blocks.

I decided to make them purely from my stash.  All pinks and reds.  Pink/red has been on my to do list for a long time.  The idea is that I'll just use any shade of pink or red on any block.  By the end, I'll have so many different brights and darks that they will all blend together.  It's a grand experiment.
These 6" blocks are ideal for a stash buster.  I'm hoping the whole thing doesn't end up being hearts, though.  That might be perfect or it might be too much with my color scheme.  There will be 100.  I'm not commiting to that.   I'm just going to do what I want and then see what I've got when I decide I'm done.  I have to admit, it's nice to have a pieced project going.

If you're interested in following along, you can find them at TheSplendidSampler.com.  They have tutorials and pictures for everything.
 For TAS, I chose my 2016 challenge.  I'm going to work on the Art Nouveau quilt bonus blocks.
 This is a terrible picture!  But, you can still see how pointy my curves are.! I might revisit this one to smooth it out.

Also in TAS, we've been making some needle books.  I demonstrated the "how to"  but they were so simple, very little instruction was neccessary.  In Jan, we transferred the pattern and started the embroidery.  Then this month we added ribbon roses.  Most of the girls did momograms but I already had my monogram and chose to do a birdhouse. Simple, simple but I think it's very sweet.

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Your Splendid Sampler blocks are looking lovely! I am hoping to use up some of my scraps! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Art Nouveau blocks were even more beautiful in person! And thank you for sharing your needlebook pattern with us!

    ReplyDelete