Man, these first 2 weeks flew by! Between Christmas, New Year's and the mega flood, I kept a little busier than I prefer.
However, I didn't let little things like major holidays and Acts of God keep me from my stitching! A girl has to have her priorities! I kept my goals for the week of Christmas pretty light. I managed to quilt and bind the baby quilt. I did a really simple star meander. I was out of spray adhesive and pinned it instead. Big mistake. I've got several puckers on the back. Honestly, don't know how people have so much success with pinning! I'm terrible! Hopefully, the baby won't mind. At least the front is super cute!
I also finished piecing Twisted Mystery 2011 but forgot to take pictures. I'll try to include them next time. I got to the end and found that I was missing the final instructions. I emailed the designer but she hasn't gotten back to me. Not sure if she will, so I may have to guess at the assembly instructions. We'll see what happens.
On the second week, I had a little more time. I quilted & bound the State Flowers quilt. I had my spray adhesive this time! Not a pucker to be found!
There was a definite learning curve on this, however. It was my first free-motion feather quilting. I'm calling them "Heather Feathers". Not quite right, but she had good intentions. I used the seam as my spine. Not bad. Not great, but not bad.
The bee and flower over here on the right really bother me. I think I may have to re-do. I think the rick-rack seam looks great. Actually, I like everything else. The flower is too bulky for the rest of the block and the bee is really "abstract".
I used binding clips to hold the fabric to the pattern for tracing this time. It made all the difference!!! Thanks, Pat K. for the tip!
Goals for this week are quilting the Hey Cupcake quilt and possibly getting Roberta Anne with an "E" pieced.