Pages

Thursday, January 14, 2016

I Fell Off My List Wagon, A Little

Brace yourselves.  Lots of pictures this time around.  It's been a busy week and a half.  I kind of fell off the wagon with my short list.  But, not too bad.

First, let me introduce you to Kenny Kangaroo.  You can't really tell, but he's on a light blue background.
I took out the bee and flower of my crazy quilt block and replaced it with Lilies.  I'm much happier with it now.

It was the week for lilies.  I made this floral arrangement for my new sewing room.  However, it's too tall.  So, now it lives in my living room.  Naturally, my photo cuts off the peacock feathers...
 The big news is, Rich finished painting my sewing room.  It used to be bright yellow/ Mary Englebriet inspired.  Now it's a little more mellow and dare I say, classier.  
This is a terrible picture but I thought it was funny that he was so joyfully planning my demise.  I don't remember now what made me angry with him.  But, he only agreed to paint because he felt guilty about being a jerk.  Whatever works... I made new curtains.  It's actually outdoor fabric but I LOVED it.  My peacock quilt is just to the right of this window.
 I bought some book plates and framed them for art work.  I'm still waiting on one more to arrive.  Cleaned off the tops of my cabinets and took down some design boards from the long cabinets.
This was where the new flowers were going to be...

Then I bought a mirror frame to house my old tiny mirrors.  I couldn't convince Ethan to take down the Hamster Xing sign...
 Found a home for the quilt block cross-stitch that I made last year.  Left up my larger design board.  And, changed out the quilt hanging above the stairs.

All in all, I'm really happy with how everything turned out.  Rich likes it a ton more as well, the bright yellow was too much for him.
Then I did a couple blocks for the Art Nouveau quilt.  The pansy.
 Pineapple??
I worked on a crazy quilt RR I'm doing with my local CQ group.   I added some lace that I hand dyed in one of Kathy Shaw's classes.  Did some spider web roses and wove some ribbon through the bottom.
 I did a "J" for Judy.  And, some more lilies.  They're really easy to do and I think they look really elegant.  Although, I'm a little afraid they're too subtle for that background fabric.
I don't think I'm done with this part. I think I want to add a pearl in each of the little domes.  I really needed a break from it.  The metallic thread is awful to work with.

I also got some quilting done but I feel like I've taken up enough of your time!  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Your redecorated room looks lovely and I love the fabric you used for the blind! Your crazy quilt block is looking fabulous too. I like the lilies! Have a great weekend! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your space! Would love to know the secret to getting "him" to feel like a jerk and then do something constructive for me!!!! Your CQ blocks are looking fabulous!

    ReplyDelete