Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Seems Like It's Been Awhile


It has been such a crazy few weeks!  I'm not used to so much activity!  The second weekend of August, I took the girls up to Chicago to meet my cousin Denise.  My kids don't really know my family at all.  My dad and I weren't close and he died 11 or 12 years ago already.  Sadly, when I came to Illinois, I didn't insist on going to Wisconsin to visit any of the Purdy side of my family.  Could never convince them that Wisconsin was a fabulous vacation destination.


Anyway, Denise and I were the best of buddies during the summer when I was growing up and it was SO great to spend some time with her!  The girls and I loved hanging out with her!  Now to make sure I don't wait another 10 years to visit again!  My August gift from Rich was a super posh hotel room that we all shared.  It was amazing!  If you have the chance to stay at the Monaco, I highly recommend it.

We also spent time with my nephew Gib and his lovely family!  They had just had an new baby boy so I got to cuddle and love on him.  He was the recipient of the Puppy & Kitty quilt done recently.  They really seemed to like it.  You know how that goes, do they really like it or are the being nice?  I thought it was great, so I'm going with that!


Before our trip, I did that retreat in Mascoutah, which was also fun.  I started this bag there but finished it the day after getting back from Chicago.  We walked 5 miles the first day and another 7 on the second.  You know me, not exactly a fitness freak.  Needless to say, Monday I could barely move and it was wonderful to sit at my machine all day.

Lots more happened on vacation.  I posted everything on Facebook, if you want to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment