Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pomp and Circumstance!

  
Lots of weird stuff happening at the Mantz house.  Hunter turned 21.  It's totally surreal to see him have a beer with dinner or buy a bottle of wine on a road trip.  I'm used to all that stuff being hidden from me...

Any who, it was past time to make a new Birthday table runner.  I made one, really badly, years ago.  It was one of my very first projects.  So, we're talking YEARS ago.  The old one was stained and shredding enough that after Bethany & Rich's b-day in January, I just tossed it.  I used the cake pattern from Snap Shots, a free online pattern through The Fat Quarter Shop.  Again, my girls thought it was very modern for me and gave a thumbs up.  Yes!  I'm on a roll!


 So, for about 5 years now I've been doing this State Flowers embroidery project.  Last we spoke about it, I was hating on it pretty hard.

I have good news!  I'm finished!  What?!  What?!  That's right, you heard me.  They're done!  Please insert "Pomp and Circumstance" here.  Now imagine a little parade, with confetti....  Ahhh, thanks guys! It means a lot to me!  My family just wouldn't cooperate.
I split up the pics, again.  Don't want you to get too bored but I'll be darned if I'm not going to post every last one of them!

  I thought Wyoming was kind of cool.
Last but not least, Bethany graduated from High School.  Cum Laude, I might add. (Pomp and Circumstance, another mini-parade).  She chose to take the cash instead of my throwing a party.  Smart kid, did I mention she graduated with honors?  Even so, I still made this super cute table runner for the family dinner/ day of overflowing emotions!  She wanted to take it with her but doesn't have a table in her little apartment.  So...I guess  that means, it's still mine!

Tune in next week for more State Flowers!  Same Bat channel!




2 comments:

  1. Love Bethany's table runner!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your state flowers are awesome!! Can't wait to see them assembled!

    ReplyDelete