Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2023

New York Adventure Part 1

Hello friends!  I went on an adventure!  I decided I wanted to take advantage of a 3 day weekend.  I suggested to my new friend, Shawn, that we go to Kansas City.  He had a much better idea.  He recommended for a little more money but a lot more fun, we could go to Manhattan!  He clearly thinks on a bigger scale than I do.  We had so much fun but, wow, that was A LOT of walking...
As soon as we landed and checked into our hotel, we took the subway from Penn Station to Battery Park.  The subway wasn't scary or gross.  Maybe, I watch too many murder shows...
We didn't take a ferry because, February.  But, we could see the Statue of Liberty from the shore.
WW2 memorial
This is a really cool merry-go-round at the park.
A community garden with a really fun gate.
Native American Museum
I wish we still made buildings this beautiful.
The Bull statue.
The walk up Broadway from Battery Park.
At some point during the day, I got a hot dog from a cart.  It was number 1 on my list of things to do in NYC.

I think this is part of New York City Hall/ Courthouse.  I should have taken better notes.
Federal Courthouse, I think.
World Trade Center

Brooklyn Bridge

St Patrick's Cathedral near Times Square.
Rockafeller Center Ice Rink
Times Square


Radio City Music Hall, in case the sign wasn't enough of a clue.
For dinner, we ate at Sarge's Deli.  This is HALF of a Corned Beef/ Pastrami Sandwich!  We also ate in Little Italy at Benito One.  I was too busy living in the moment to take pics.  We also walked through China Town.  That didn't get any pics either.  It's the place you want to be if you're in the market for a knock-off Gucci.
Walking back to the hotel after dinner, we saw this gorgeous door of the Polish Consulate.
New York Public Library
The view from our hotel.

And, that was just day 1!  Thank God, we started going to the gym a month ago to prep for the trip.  I may not have survived otherwise.  We clocked 8.5 miles.



 

10 comments:

  1. Wow! I am so happy for you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great time you had! Glad you had such a fun adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still on my bucket list and I am way older than you. Glad you are having some fun and getting a bunch of exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so glad you got to do this. It looks incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! I enjoyed your story and pics! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New York is fun but a date to New York is awesome fun. I'm glad you're taking in the sights, maybe you can go back and visit the Lady Liberty in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great trip. 🥰

    ReplyDelete
  8. Manhattan so fun! I would have been the one suggesting KC also. I’m glad you went big! Maybe a foot massage tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful Day 1 you had. Could there possibly be more to see? Haha!

    ReplyDelete