Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2020

Quarantine Fun

Thank you for all your kind comments on my last post!  It's nice to get so much nice feedback.

Since Baby Palooza is complete, I started on a stitching project for Christmas.  I downloaded some embroidery patterns from Kimberly Ouimet's Etsy shop.  I've used her designs before and she's one of my favorite designers.  I combined her Christmas Village and Santa Claus pattern sets to make this little table topper.

                          
I drew the patterns on with a pigment pen.  Colored them in with crayons, heat-set the crayons and then stitched the outlines.  



I had no idea how to quilt it, so I just did a starburst from the center.

So, Covid made it's way through our house.  A couple of weeks ago, Sierra had contact with a friend who tested positive.  She works in food service, so she got tested as a precaution.  Her test came back positive but she never had any symptoms.  Her positive test meant that Rich has to quarantine at home for 24 days.  He had one day that he felt sick but otherwise healthy.  I had one day of dizziness but otherwise healthy.  I have been SO stressed and anxious about my family getting Covid for the last 9 months and it turned out to be no big deal.  I feel so relieved but also guilty because I know that so many people are struggling with it.

Since we're quarantining together, Rich & I have decided to sand down the walls of our dining room.  They've been SUPER janky since we moved in.  150 years of patchwork and crazy textures.  This is what it looks like so far.  It took Rich a day to sand everything down.  The ENTIRE house is covered in dust, even though the sander was attached to a shop vac the whole time.  We just started the skim coat on the top.  You can really see how they textured the bottom.  Yikes!  The dogs would rub up against the wall and the paint would rub off.  We also found some fantastic 80s wallpaper under the chair rail.  Which, incidentally took some wall with it when we pulled it down...

Any who... never a dull moment.

Hope you're Thanksgiving was great and that you're all staying very healthy!

 
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry you had to go through a covid scare but you were fortunate that it wasn't worse. Our friends are going through the same thing at the moment and their household has been in quarantine. Only their daughter got it and it was a mild case. Pretty scary times all around us. Take care - be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my on the walls! Reminded me of your kitchen floor ... did you ever get that taken care since the mixer crashed into it? You're so right ... never a dull moment! I really love what you did on the table topper. It really turned out cute and provided much-needed busy work! Ha!

    ReplyDelete