Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2020

It's Not Awesome But It's Progress

It's not that I completely haven't been creating.  I just haven't been doing much of it that's been any good.  This block from the Red & Green quilt makes me absolutely cringe every time I see it.  All the pieces are wonky.  All of them.  And there are quite a few in this block.  None of the hexagons are the same size, almost none of the points match.  Bleh!
I just finished this one last night.  Much better.  Fewer pieces to match up.  I had a second piece of yellow stuffed in the large flower's center but it must have fallen out because there's quite a bit of shadowing happening.
This one was finished last month.  I had completely skipped a leaf at one point and didn't notice until I was sharing it during a TAS meeting.  Ooops.  I think this project may be too taxing for my current state of mind.

 I can still manage some straight-up embroidery, though.  I can still follow a line when I need to.  Jeesh!
When I moved into the smaller studio, I lost my design board.  And, along with it, my photo set up and good lighting.  So now everything is weird angles and shadows.  I've really got to do something new for that.  I just haven't figured out what.   
I've also been working on baby things.  Rich's oldest daughter is expecting in January!  We're very excited but I don't want to share those projects until they've been gifted.

2 comments:

  1. Pretty sure I have that embroidery pattern. You did a great job on it. Makes me want to see if I can find mine since I was just complaining that I don't have enough Fall pieces. Halloween, yes. Autumn, no. Great to see you at TAS yesterday. Seems like forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a hard time, even upon closer inspection, noticing the spots you are unhappy with so I would say you shouldn't be concerned!

    ReplyDelete