Hello, hello, hello. I'm finishing up a long weekend so I thought I'd check in and tell you all about my wild weekend...
First things first, I finished my fan flower block. It's so pretty! Next is carnations and I settled on pink/ violet. Looking forward to it but it is very detailed. It may take me awhile. Morning Glory Designs has since posted a new block, Fleur de Lis and it's gorgeous. That will be after the carnation! And, I think the Peony will finish it off. Very exciting.On Saturday night, I stayed up WAY too late watching the end of one of my favorite series, Republic of Doyle. It's a great show & the end made me a little emotional. So, I decide to watch something else before I try to sleep. I chose Hemlock Grove. In the first episode, a teen girl is disemboweled. Nice. I go to sleep around 1am in Bethany's room so I don't wake Rich who has to leave for work REALLY early. At 4am, there is scratching and banging on the bedroom door. Someone desperately wants in. Certain one of my children is in need of my help, I jump out of bed. I proceed to trip on a million different things on my way to the door. Yelling, "Hold on, I'm coming. Hold on!" My baby needs me. Alas, it was just Fred the dog. Son of a B... Get a handle on it Heather, you should have known it was Fred. I then decide to use the restroom. Mostly, because I had almost peed myself in my haste to save a life. As I'm seated, trying to calm my nerves and getting my blood pressure back to normal, the toilet tank starts running FOR NO REASON AT ALL! I almost fainted. OMG! No more scary shows before bed. And, Fred ended up in the kennel the next night. So, that happened.
Despite my near death experience, Sunday went pretty smoothly and I finally started quilting my Pucker Up Buttercup quilt. I was really happy with the lemon wedges! I used Wonderfil 100 wt cotton thread that Donna D had given me last year some time. It is wonderful! My machine loved it. Not skipped stitches, no broken threads.
Now, I have to change thread so I decide to save it for another day. Go back on Monday to finish the other blocks. Using Aurifil 50 wt and I can't stitch more than 2 minutes at a time before it's skipping stitches and thread is breaking. I change needles, clean out machine, thread and rethread the machine. Nothing works. I go buy a different type of needle, it doesn't work. Then, I make a practice sandwich to see how that goes. Everything is perfect. I finally decide it's the spray I used to baste the quilt. I still don't know why it worked with one thread and not the other. Left with little choice, I threw it in the wash to see if I can get some of the sticky out. I'm really hoping that works and that enough of it is quilted already that it won't fall apart in the wash. I'm a little afraid to check.