Pages

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Holy Moly, I Almost Missed October!

Can you believe October is almost over?  Me neither!  I've been so busy doing that I haven't had much time to blog about it. 

I worked on a crocheted afghan for about month...and forgot to take a picture of it.  I know, I know, a crock of crap.  I was in one of those moods to crochet.  Bethany decided on the colors and it was supposed to be for her.  Then I needed a donation for our Guild's Auction next month.  So, I decided that if I finished before they needed the donation, it would go to the Guild and if it took me too long, then it could be Bethany's.  I finished it right before the Guild meeting in Oct and Bethany lost her afghan but I forgot to take a picture.  So, come to the next Guild meeting and bid on my beautiful afghan.  Then I can take a picture of you AND my afghan.

Another thing I got done in the nick of time is this Guild block of the month carnation.  All those points on the petals sucked.  The fabric I chose was really loosely woven and when I trimmed it down, it basically exploded into shreds.  Did not make me happy.  I've already got another one to do and luckily, not a lot of points!

 I also had an opportunity to go to another retreat in Mascoutah.  Such a good time to get away and hang with the ladies.  I  wasn't able to get the weekend off and I didn't really accomplish much but it was great to be there when I could.  I made these cute little Churn Dash blocks for a baby quilt that I was commissioned to make.  It's going to be really cute, I promise!

That's all for now.  Time to go clean the bathrooms.  Ugh.






No comments:

Post a Comment