Pages

Friday, January 25, 2019

A Domestic Life

I don't have tons to report but I thought I'd touch bases and say hi!  I managed to finish block 2 of Stars in Her Crown.  I matched my corners better on this one.  The outer edges are still a bit funky but I'm getting better.
 I survived my first class at Jackman's and here are my lovely students with their fun projects!  Such a great class!  Couldn't have asked for more enthusiastic and kind students for my entrance into the world of Jackman's.
I did some more baking as well.  This is a smash cake for a little girl that is turning 1 with a mermaid party.  Bethany's first birthday was Little Mermaid and this really brought back memories.  My cake skills weren't the same 22 years ago but what I lacked in finesse, I made up for in effort.  At least that's what I tell myself.
The inside of the cake.  She's got a photographer coming this weekend to do the smash cake and the party is next weekend.  Not something I'd have ever considered 22 years ago.  I'll be doing cupcakes for the actual party with some fondant mermaid tails!  I'll share pics of that whether I'm successful or not!  Full disclosure!
 My boys have been busy little domestic bees as well.  Hunter made this awesome sofa table for me.  It's absolutely perfect for holding my snacks and stitching debris while I watch tv.  Love it!!  Rich actually used it as a dinner table one night.  If you knew Rich, you'd know that he REFUSES to eat anywhere but the dining room table.
 I think I mentioned last month that Rich tore up one of the upstairs bathrooms while he was "convalescing" after his seizures.  We were just going to replace the tile... he had to tear out 3 layers of flooring which uncovered a leaking pipe we'd been looking for for years.  So after he re-plumbed, he had to replace the lower half of the dry wall so the bead board would go on correctly.  Put in a new medicine cabinet.  Replaced the lighting fixture.  Then the toilet broke when he but it back in place, so that got fixed.  Hunter did all the trim and floor boards and basically cleaned up his father's GIANT mess.  Then he put in that gorgeous tin ceiling!  I can't leave out  that Bethany painted the walls grey on Christmas Eve!!  What a girl!
 When it was all said and done, Rich decided to replace the faucet as well so he could just be finished!  How lucky am I to have such AMAZING men in my life?  I LOVE the new bathroom!  It's only 3' by 7', so I can't get better pics.  Sorry.  Just know it's fantastic!
 The man himself enjoying an early birthday lunch at Crown Candy in STL.  So happy to say it looks like he's gonna make it to 49 after all!
 Me, shocked that after all these years, I'm still just a domestic girl, trying to make a fabulous home for my family... All I ever wanted!

1 comment:

  1. oooooh - a tin ceiling in a bathroom! How posh and oh how I would love it! Sounds like the bathroom project ended up being what we call the 'galloping ick' in our household. It's when one project ends up creating another and another.

    ReplyDelete