Pages

Monday, April 25, 2022

How Many Things Can Go Wrong, Let Us Count The Ways...

Life unsupervised sucks so far.  I am wholly unprepared for the sheer volume of crap that I've had to deal with since January.

Let's start with the fact that I work from home.  First, Rich was always in and out needing my attention.  Yes, being an annoying distraction, but bringing a lot of fun to my day.  To be loved brings beauty to your life & gave me so much more purpose that I realized it did.  It's insane to me that all that is over.  Back to working from home, I've had to replace the modem and router because my internet connection was crap.  And, it's Prom Season and I'm working 60 hours a week with said modem/ router.  Being alone 95% of the time is probably not the healthiest thing I could be doing but it's where I'm at right now.  I went from Chrome Cast to Fire Stick because the TV wasn't able to stream anything.  All I wanted was to watch some GD Top Chef, is that too much to ask?!  That whole paragraph is a mess but I'm leaving it because, I too am a mess.

The garage: we had to hire an electrician to re-wire a thermostat that went haywire.  Then the pushbutton key pad died and locked me out of the garage.  After a small panic attack, I remembered to look in the jar of extra keys & found the correct key.  FYI: the key labeled "Garage" was not, in fact, the key to the garage...  Hunter had to reprogram the keypad to get it to work again once the battery was replaced.  Speaking of the key jar, I have figured out at least 50% of the keys in question.

We sold 5 of Rich's project cars/ trucks.  Only 1 of them ran, the rest had to be towed away by other crazy car guys.  We could not find one of the titles.  If he were alive, he'd argue that he gave it to me to file.  And, I'd argue that if that were true, it would have been where is was supposed to be.  The muffler and catalytic converter had to be replaced and the A/C fixed in my own car.

I mowed my first lawn.  Yep, I'm 50 years old and I had never mowed a lawn.  I couldn't get the mower started on my own because it was also a "project".  Ezra got it started but it was so heavy and hard to maneuver, I could barely use my arms the next couple days.  The mower has been replaced.

One of the bathroom sinks had a leak.  Hunter replaced the faucets and stopped the leak.

I accidentally programed my house thermostat to no longer recognize that I had a heater...

Having to switch bills into my name, figuring out who I owe & how much... is a nightmare.  SO MUCH paperwork.  Went to the bank & the manager made a joke about me coming into a lot of money... LOST MY SHIT.  Literally hysterical, couldn't drive myself home because I was having such a bad breakdown.  Then had to get back on the phone for work (was on my lunch break) and pretend that tuxedos actually matter and somebody's delayed shipment is important to me.  

Earlier today, I got a notice from the IRS saying there was a mistake on my return and I owe more money.  Last week, I started getting the hospital bills.  Tonight's dilemma is a broken dryer.  If Rich were here, he'd get a new heating element or something & rig it to work another 20 years.  I'm pretty sure it came with us from CA.  Is this how expensive independence is?  Because it sucks.  I do not make enough money to shell out thousands of dollars on repairs/ equipment every month.

Okay, I think I'm done whining for now.  For those of you who stuck around for it, thanks.  For those who bailed on me, don't blame you a bit!  I hope everyone had a lovely Easter & is enjoying the spring.  Here's a picture of my wild bunch from Easter.



12 comments:

  1. Oh Heather❤️‍๐Ÿฉน Bless your sweet heart๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ That’s A LOT of Shit to deal with for sure! I hope venting lightens your burdens a bit. And you’re still funny! Big Hugs๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, wish I knew how to help. Shedding a tear of sympathy. Sending prayers and hope that things start looking up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather. Hang in there girl! You are strong, but it certainly helps to have a breakdown occasionally especially over stupid comments by ‘well meaning’ people. It lets out the steam and pain and helps to restore some level of sanity for a while. Thank God for your family, it seems they are being quite helpful! You can do this! (Even though it is so hard!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there, Heather. Sometimes you've got this, sometimes you just loose your shit. Just make it through this day, this hour, this minute, this moment...hang on by a fingernail if you have to. You need to grieve for as long as necessary and sometimes it just comes at you in the most unexpected, inopportune times. My thoughts are with you as you navigate through this unexpected, tragic ordeal. Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hang in there. Remember that there are lots of people who care and are here when you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wish I could give you a big hug! Not that a hug counts for anything whatsoever when you're dealing with so much, but at least you'd know I care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually saw you mowing the yard and said how nice you were dressed to Tim! I told him I look like a dirty homeless person and your were wearing pretty spring clothes!! Hang in there, I know it has to seriously suck....but you're doing amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather I’m so sorry. I know you’re going to figure this life thing out again just give yourself time. You’re an incredible human with an army behind you. You have, and continue to, change the lives of the people around you for the better. You are loved. You are important. You are needed. You are wanted. You are STRONG.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By all rights, I shouldn't be laughing so hard. But I appreciate you found humor in the avalanche/onslaught of crap you've had to fix. It's wildly unfair to face a fire hose of problems while grieving. Or maybe it helps to have to deal with the immediate, the tangible??? Not sure. I do know your inner strength and ability to find humor will help guide you. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heather, You Rock!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! That is more than anyone should have to deal with. Hopefully that is the end of the breakdowns house-wise and you'll be able to concentrate on getting yourself back together. Sounds like almost too much for one to bear but thank goodness for Ezra, Hunter, and all the other helpers. They've got broad shoulders -- lean on them! They can take it. *smiles*

    ReplyDelete