Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2020

Look What I Forgot To Do

Hello!  Hope everyone is well.  Apparently I started this post back in July and totally forgot about it!
I finished the Sue Spargo Stitch Along that she did on FB in the early months of the Covid19 lock down.  I think they may have started another round since then.  Or, maybe it was a different stitch along all together.  As you can tell, I've been completely out of it these past 4-5 months.
I really enjoyed the process quite a bit.  Early on, it gave me something daily to look forward to.  In the end, I was a little over it.  You know how I get bored easily...

All the different animals were fun to make.  Not something I would ever think of on my own.
As time went on, I got sloppier with my stitches.  Not all of my animals look like what my intentions were.  Fore example, that tan one below in the upper left corner is a lion...
Some designs made more sense to me than others.  The more abstract, the more confusing for me.
Flowers are always my favorite.  


Anything with weaving took forEVER to do.


I used my Wildflowers thread exclusively and I wouldn't let myself buy more either.
Since these photos, I've quilted the whole thing and turned it into a little table topper.  I couldn't think of anything else to do with it.  Too big for a pillow, too small for a wall hanging.  Rich likes to look at it and tell me how crazy I am.  We guesstimated that I put about 250-300 hours into it for absolutely no actual purpose other than creating.

We had a crazy fall wedding season at work, regardless of restrictions.  A few of my friends didn't get to come back to work, which was heart wrenching.  And for the next 4 months, I'm back on layoff.  Who knows what the spring will bring.  In the mean time, my brain is slowly recouping or at least learning to cope with the new normal that is our life.  Perhaps I'll start keeping up with the blog again now that I will have time to create again.

Type at you soon!  Heather

2 comments:

  1. I like the kitty, snail, ladybug, and the octopus! Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a number of bloggers post about the circle project - it must have been great fun to do. Glad to see you posting again - I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete