Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2017

The Big UFO List

Okay, here we go.  The UFO list.  We'll just see how much time I've got.  I usually put too much on my To Do List and then am upset that I failed.  So, this year, I'm going to give myself more flexible expectations.  First off, we have my Beloved Baltimore quilt.  There are (25) 8" blocks for this and I just finished #13, half way there.
 This block really had me experimenting with 3D flowers.  Pretty cool.  I also hand wove the basket out of my own hand-dyed silk ribbon.  Quite the stretch for me.
 I had finished this frame previously but was totally stumped on what to put in the center.  I opted for some broiderie perse.  I'm very happy with the results.  Again, stretching my abilities.  Can't say I've done broiderie perse before, quite fiddly.
Did the same with this frame.
Obviously, have done no more on Mosaics.  I've only got the center and all the paper pieced hexis done and that's it.  Kind of bleak.
TAS did a class on Reverse Applique, this is the block I finished.  Now to figure out what to do with it.  I bet I can come up with something.  I'm seeing yellow rickrack...
Pink Flamingo quilt.  Have not gotten very far at all.  There are a dozen star blocks.  I always planned on adding some appliqued flamingos.  Eh, we'll see.  No idea about this one but it'll be cute when I'm done, I'm sure.
I did 53 of the Splendid Sampler blocks.  I'm thinking about doing alternating 4-square blocks in red and pink.  I may downsize to 52 blocks and get rid of that purplish one on the left.  That's a lot of blocks, so we'll see how it goes.  But, I definitely want to do something with them.
Bonnie Hunter's Mystery from last year needs to be assembled.  I've seen so many other people finish this one and I love it!  So, I just need to dig in.

I had all but forgotten about my Harry Potter Bookcase!  I don't care for paper piecing and Hedwig's feather fabrics are in the wrong place but I really want to finish this one!  I'm already about 1/2 way through my annual Harry Potter Marathon.  I have 3 more blocks printed out but I don't know how big I was going with this.  That would be a tall, skinny quilt.  Perhaps, I was going to print more after I'd gotten these done.  I also need to procure some wood grain fabric for the actual shelving.
Then, there's my Valentine quilt.  I have a love/hate relationship with it.  At some point, it really bothered me that my birds weren't cohesive.  I switched them out myself, so I have no one to blame but myself.  And, that one bottom center is ugly.  Not sure if this one will ever see the light of day or should I just finish them individually as mini-quilts.
Then, there is the guild's Block of the Month.  Obviously, that won't finish until May but I do need to stay caught up.  Then there's the President's Challenge due in May.  I could get that done and out of the way before Prom Season sets in.

Alright, I certainly have my work cut out for me.  Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Half the battle is lining up what projects you're interested in working on. Good job -- now get sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have made amazing progress on your projects - I'm so impressed by everything you got done! I love it all, but your Baltimore blocks are DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!! I can't wait to see the rest - you are doing an incredible job with them. Time to start making your list for 2018, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - I would definitely be overwhelmed with all the projects you have on the go! One of my local friends did the Bonnie Hunter Mystery quilt last year and it turned out amazing. Of course you know I love the Baltimore, and now I am enchanted by the Harry Potter project. Oh - and as for what to do with your Valentine blocks, how about making them into a book?

    ReplyDelete