I managed to custom quilt Hey, Cupcake. It took the better part of 2 days.
I experimented with lots of different ideas. I did meandering hearts.
These are supposed to be flourishes. Not quite as successful as I'd like.
I loved the little crowns but my transitions need a lot of work...
I really like the fleur-de-lis and hearts.
I loved the bows. I've done them before, so it wasn't really new.
Same goes for the meandering daisies.
Cross hatching in the checks. Loops on the inner border.
I really like the look of these corner loop flowers.
Every time I quilt something, I become a little more confident. There's a whole lot of room for improvement but not as much as there used to be. For 1, my Pfaff is fantastic. Anytime there was a problem, it was 100% user error. Also, it doesn't like my cheap thread. I've switched to Aurifil for quilting and I think it's also made a huge difference.
Lay-off is almost over. Sad face. But, I've still got some things to finish first. So, I'll see you again soon.