Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Diamonds & Tiaras

I have been completely obsessed with pink and red as a color combo.  I realize this is unusual.  It's a bit much for the average person on daily basis.  But, it's so cute.  How can you not love it?  I seriously want to do a huge scrap quilt in pink and red.  Pink and red, everywhere.   It'll be fabulous.  But, for now, I settled for a table runner.


When, I was done, I felt like it needed a little something more.  What better than a crown?  Am I right?  Then, I topped it off with sparkly metallic thread.  Seriously channeling my inner princess that day.

 The diamonds were made using Edita Sitar's diamond templates and her strip piecing method.  Awhile back, I took a few days and sewed blocks of strips together to make her house quilt and with the left overs, I cut out some diamonds and triangles for "someday" projects.  I love the look of the strips but I don't think I'd do it the same way again.  There was a lot of seam on seam action going on.  Then, the solid fabric didn't like the seams being pressed to them.  Very uncooperative.


I finished another Vintage Christmas block.  I really ended up stitching and unstitching a whole bunch on this one.  The background got all crunchy when I put the buildings on.  My doors and windows are all crooked and it irritates me.  The roof on the bell tower is crooked, too.  I think I'm going to have to fix that.  Ugh.  Maybe, all together, the whole thing will be so cute that no one will notice how cock-eyed everything is.


Naturally, I was late getting my guild applique block of the month done.  Last month was the Morning Glory.  Next, is the Carnation.  It's going to be pink.  And, cute.


And now, to watch The Family Stone.  One of the best movies ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment