Pages

Saturday, July 12, 2014

10 Million Stitches Later

Yep, I'm still obsessed with embroidered pillow cases.  It's ridiculous because I know we're going to stain them in no time.  Just like my vintage ones.  But, I can't help it.  I love them.  If you're wondering, boiling them in water with 1 cup of backing soda and 1/4 cup salt for 3 days did really well at getting rid of some of the stains.  The blood/ chocolate stains remained but everything else came out.  I wanted to try longer but Rich got pissy about having sheets on the stove for so long.  I finished these.  And, I just noticed that I screwed them up!  Notice the daisy type flowers on the left.  On the first one, I filled in the petals and on the the second one I filled in the centers.  Ugh!  I don't know what to do now.  Do I give these as the gift they were intended as?  Do I keep these and do another set to give away?  I'm torn.  Rich and Bethany say to give them because I had to point out what was wrong or they wouldn't have figured it out.  Also, Rich knows me well,  he told me to claim that I did it on purpose...It's a design element.

 We're 3/4 the way done with Quilty Stitches.  I think I've decided to frame it.  I researched how to stretch it for framing and I think I can get a square frame for about $30 online.  I'm feeling cocky after doing the doily last month.  I'll keep you updated.

I should have lots to show at the end of the month.  I've been invited to 2, count them 2 quilt retreats at the end of July.  I'm super excited!  The first one I'm just staying for 1 day and the next week, I'll be there for 2.  Now, to figure out what I want to accomplish when I'm there.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pillowcases. You could give the messed up ones to me since you were planning on gifting them and make "perfect" ones for whoever you originally intended ... but truthfully, no one would notice and your original recipients will love them too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I was saying when Google so rudely didn't publish my statement. Don't give them away. Assign one to you and the other to Rich then when you make the bed, you will know which pillow belongs on which side of the bed! Or you could give them to me and I'll do that! They look great!

    ReplyDelete