I've had this idea rolling around in my head for a few months. This petal pattern is all over the internet right now so I decided to do one of my own. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I just used 4.5" blocks of left over black and white fabric for the background and an embroidery hoop to make the curves of the petals just the right size. And, wouldn't you know, I had enough green rickrack, down to the last inch, to use as the flower stalk. It was meant to be.
Cadence's baby quilt finally got finished. I think that's how they're spelling her name...
I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. Can you believe that there was supposed to be another border? That's one of the reasons it took me so long to finish. I couldn't find the right outer border. I don't feel like anything is missing and it's a great size for a baby as it is. I just stitched in the ditch again, since that's about all I can do anymore.
I also finished Megan's graduation quilt. She is Rich's other niece that graduates high school the first week of June. Yeah, I've procrastinated as long as I can.
And, then there is the April gift. Rich's birth mother passed away and while at the funeral, we received his baby photos at long last. It's a long story but we've waited for 21 years to see what he looked like as a child. He was so happy, he got Gone With The Wind style frames for both of our baby photos. The middle one was taken when I was 6 weeks pregnant with Hunter. I think we'd been married about 6 months but I call it our engagement photo. He had that repaired for me a few years ago for our anniversary. It was water damaged in one of our moves and had to be digitally remastered.